Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What just happened?

I have lots to share about the past few weeks what God has been doing, but today, today I just got the wind knocked out of me. So I felt I needed to share this first. Ever think you have just a few things figured out, finally? Only to find out that it really wasn't the plan at all?Here is how it sort of went.

You see the last six months or so, I have felt God leading me to open up and in home daycare, but the timing has been sort of off so we waited on His timing (always a good idea). And it seemed that NOW was it, summer school was over and I was no longer the "taxi service" three times a day, so I could be home and move forward with this. We have been praying about it for awhile. We really feel this will help us to bring our daughter home from China.

I had been posting my ad for weeks and was not really getting anything. So the week after summer school was out, I posted again. And within hours I had three kids ready for care, needed to meet with the Moms but it seemed all was well. I met with one mom and started watching her little girl yesterday. She came to pick her up early and I was informed that something happened at the financial end of her job and they could not keep her on right now. I was *shocked*! She still wants to use me if she finds another job but not sure when that will be. Second Mom I talked to, had all the details worked out, when they would start (two sweet ones) and just needed to meet with her today. She just emailed and said she was not sure it would work out. WHAT JUST HAPPENED????

Look I am not a naive sort of person. I know when you do good for the kingdom, Satan does not like it and tries to put roadblocks in your way. Well guess he is throwing up some HUGE ones right now. Normally they only affect my family but this is affecting other families as well. To say I was thrown off would be an understatement! I know God has a plan for all this. But the evil one likes to make us doubt all that God has done for us and what His plans are. I will NOT give up, I will NOT doubt! I have a daughter in China who needs her family whenever it may be that we are suppose to do this adoption! I am a daughter of The King of kings and I will NOT be distracted!!

In the mean time I will just cling to His word and be on my knees in prayer. I know He has called us into this adoption and no one, not even Satan will take that from us! Lord I am clinging to Your word today and Your promises You made me so long ago! The scripture You have hidden in my heart remains there to cling to! I will stand ON the Rock!! My Abba Father to comfort me and get us through this! He has never left me and He never will. Thank you Lord for your blessings and most of all for Your word and Your calling on our lives. We are still listening and will follow You! Through all the raging seas You are right in front of me.  Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you", declares The Lord, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, to give you HOPE and a future."  "The Lord is my light and my salvation, for whom should I fear?"  Clinging to Your word today Father! Thank you!

Blessings and Ladybugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment