Friday, February 11, 2011

Crazy Love

Do you know what Crazy Love is?? Crazy Love is what God has for us! Thanks to a sweet friend I recently got the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. All I can say is WOW!! I have not finished it yet but it is so powerful that I could not wait till the end to share about it. So that probably means I will have to blog about it again later. But for now I just have to share some things with you. Before I get to far into it I need to share the link with you to see some of the powerful video's Francis Chan shares to go along with the book check it out now! 


This book reminded me of things I didn't want to be reminded of but it also reminded me how much God LOVES us! He is all about Love! (Do I hear a Steven Curtis Chapman song whizzing through my brain?! lol) Do you know how detailed a caterpillar is? It has 228 separate and distinct muscles in its head, that's quite a few for a bug. And did you know that your own heart generates enough pressure as it pumps blood throughout your body that it could squirt blood up to 30 feet? See how detailed our God is? Have you ever thought of how diverse and creative God is? He made hundreds of different kinds of bananas, but he didn't have to. He created so many different kinds of laughter but He didn't have to, we are all unique and He loves us enough to be so detailed. That is right from the book. How wonderful is our God? Amazing!! How can we not worship with all our souls this wonderful God of the universe! That is some crazy love! Here is the part that Got my heart...


I am a worrier by nature, maybe it has to do with trying to make sure everyone is completely taken care of the best that I can. I am realizing that it is NOT my job to take care of everyone, it is God's job. So this is what the book said(and I cried and sobbed my eyes out because it described me, sadly, perfectly) it says that worry implies that we don't quite trust God is big enough, powerful enough or loving enough to take care of whats happening in our lives. I was floored! I mean the same God of the universe that created all the galaxies and was so intricate with the caterpillars, and made our hearts to beat like that. Keep in mind how all our organs have to work so perfectly together for us to survive, that God, the One who made us like that, I doubted Him? He loves me so much more than all of that, yet I cannot trust him to take the very best care of me and my life? How pitiful am I? So I sobbed and cried and begged Him to forgive me for even implying that He could not handle "me" 


Here's another one, ever get stressed? that says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control. WOW again!! Cried some more. Guess God has more work in my heart to clean up. Basically these two behaviors communicate that its okay to sin and not trust God because the stuff in my life is somehow exceptional. Both worry and stress reek of arrogance. They declare our tendency to forget that we've been forgiven!! Even though I know of God's holiness, I am still dumb enough to forget that life is ALL about God! Cried some more!! These are all excerpts from the book. It is so very powerful!! My part in life is to worship Him and bring Him glory no matter what I am doing. Whether its listening to my teen go on about whats fair at school or if its sitting at a traffic light waiting for it to turn. Is what I am doing bringing glory to our Lord? If not its time for a change. So the last few days I have really been making my self aware of what I am doing. Is it easy? NO way, but is anything worth anything really easy? This is the God of the universe! He deserves our love, respect and all our focus, yes ALL our focus! He gives us everything, EVERY-THING!! So does my life point to Him? Really we are here to glorify Him, because honestly its ALL His!! 


So I am trying to refocus, EVERYTHING!! He deserves so much more than I can give Him. My comfort however is this, He made me to love Him, and that I do! Probably not enough,, and surely not as much as some others, but I do it honestly, and to the very best of my ability where I am right now. I just continue to pray that He helps me to grow closer to Him in my walk, and just like anyone you love, that the love just grows and grows till all anyone sees when its my time to go home to heaven, is the One I loved the most with all my heart, My Jesus!!! 


Praying He finds me worthy to continue to use and to bring others to know Him, like He wants them to know Him, not like the world wants them too. Praying that involves some sweet orphans all over this world in one way or another. I love you Jesus and I am here for Your glory!! Use me and send me!!!


Always HIS Servant!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment