Thursday, April 8, 2010

Signs of Hope

God makes me laugh out loud sometimes! He just brings me such joy when I am not expecting it. Just when I get down He reminds me He is in complete control. Remember earlier this week I requested information about the Waiting Child program from China? Well that was Sunday afternoon. Monday came no response, Tuesday came no response. I began to wonder if this was what God really wanted for us to do, just wonder. So He just put upon my heart late Tuesday night to jump back into my bible again for the second time. So I did and He led me to Psalm 145-146 some specifc passages that just "stuck" with me are these.

Psalm 145:4-8
One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works
and I will proclaim your great deeds
They will celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
V.13b The Lord is faithful in all his promises
and loving toward all He has made
V19-20
He fullfills the desires of those who fear him:
he hears their cry and saves them.
The Lord watched over all who love him

Psalm 146:5-9
Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob
whose hope is in the Lord his God
V6b the Lord who remains faithful forever
V7 He upholds the cause of the opressed
and gives food to the hungry.
V9 The Lord watches over the alien
and sustains the fatherless and the widow.

I read those passages and thought ok Lord I know you are going to take care of us. I understood all of them but wondered what exactly they had to do with us, except the last verse. That verse basically says He is watching over our daughter in China and will take care of her until we arrive. But the rest was just good stuff, not personal but good. But remember I said that God makes me laugh out loud sometimes? Normally that is followed by tears of joy. Well after I was done reading that and praying and thanking Him for His word. I decided to check my email for some reason. Now I don't normally check it this late but I felt I should ( a nudge perhaps?) I had checked around 7 and nothing was there. It was nearly 11 and I was so tired but I checked anyway. Guess what was in there? The email I was expecting about the WC program. Now I don't share this to make you think I am nuts I share this because I want you to see what God is doing in our lives and you can judge for yourself. The email was very uplifting and brought pure joy to my heart, and I laughed out loud because God was just reminding me of the passage He just sent me to in the bible. I have to say I had so much excitement in me just seeing the return name on the email I had butterflies.

So the next morning I went to work. For those of you who don't know I work with 2 year olds all day that I simply love! I was sharing this sweet information with two of my closest friends and they were happy for us. Remember this too, I serve a mighty God, the creator of the universe! He was not finished yet! He just shows off sometimes and I love it!!!!

I got home from work and my hubby was all smiles at me. We had been expecting some city income tax back and he had gotten it. But that was not why he was smiling. Hiding behind his back (he loves to tease me) was a white envelope. He asked playingly "How much do you love me?" I said "what is this about you know how much I love you" He said, "Bet I can make you smile" I told him "you just did" He said "smile bigger" I'm like ok I'll bite, "Go for it." He pulled the white envelope out and on the front was stamped our adoption agency. I was excited and smiling just like he said! I froze and said "Look what you have in your hands" He said "What?" I said look at your right hand (had the money in it) so he looked and then I said "Look in your left" (it was the adoption packet) I said "I do believe God is trying to give you a sign now" He looked back and forth at his hands and just smiled saying "Maybe so, you think?" I do believe so!! Now don't take that wrong it is not near enough money to get us started but it was "HOPE" God is working wonders! I sat down opened the packet and there peaking through that pearl blue window was the sweetest face of a sweet Chinese girl staring back at me. His signs and wonders are everywhere.

I read through the packet and was just excited. Nothing suprised me and nothing took me off guard. I even read through some more information about the WC program and it just got my heart beating fast. This indeed is the way we should go. God is in the details of all the intricate details of this adoption before time began! I will follow hard after Him. Please keep praying my faithful friends. There are so many things that have to fall into place before we can even begin this journey but my God is a mighty God and I have faith in HIM alone!  We are just getting started! I cannot wait to see what He reveals to us and unfolds in this wonderful plan of His. We don't know when the next step will start but indeed we will be waiting and praying and serving Him and will be anxious to see Him began. 

Oh one other thing I get that "God wants you to know thing on Facebook, This is what it said yesterday (same day as the packet and money came) On this day God wants you to know, that decision is only wishful thinking until you take that first irreversible step. You can tell yourself that you have already decided, that nothing now can stop you, but if that step backwards is so much safer than step forwards, what will hold you true to your path when the going gets tough? Sometimes, the right thing to do is to take that first irreversible step, the one after which you cannot go back. And now, for you, is one of those times.

One other thing the name we have picked out for our sweet ladybug means "Our Father's "HOPE and FAITHFULNESS :)

He is good ALL the time! Watch and see what The Lord will do! Please stay tuned :)
Matthew 19:26 "With Man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sweet Sister! Those are such wonderful words to read!!! I am so happy for you and the family! I pray for you and yours every time I pray! I love you guys! Miss you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy...nice to "meet" you! I can't wait to follow your journey and watch God work in your lives!!!

    ReplyDelete