Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful

So first let me say thank you for letting me vent last time I blogged. Just so you know God did not leave me in "that place" for to long. He wants me whole and able to do good for the Kingdom so He only let me wander in that pit for so long. The next day were wonderful tidbits in His word. Now because I want you to know what an awesome God we serve, I am going to share the "tidbits" They are out of the book of John chapter 15 and on, I will not give you addresses so you'll have to look them up but they are great.

First let me back up just a wee bit (seems I do that a lot on here) So last time I was angry about people not understanding about this adoption and frustrated that maybe they thought I had forgotten about my blessings and they were upset about my parenting. Here is what God said to me...oh and the first name we have picked for our ladybug means "Our Father's Joy" so maybe that will shed some light on some of these passages as well. May His word speak to you as it did to me, especially to those of you who feel you have people in your lives who just don't "get" this whole adoption thing.

From John: Remain in me, and I will remain in you. Neither can you bear fruit (I interpret that as children in this case I know it means reaching out to the unsaved but for this He was meaning children to me in this case) unless you remain in me. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you...that you bear much fruit. As the Father has loved me so have I loved you, remain in my love.....I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete :)....I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.....you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you. That is why the world hates you... if they persecuted me they will persecute you also. They will treat you this way because of my name for they do not know the One who sent me......so that they may have full measure of my joy within them....protect them from the evil one. Sanctify them by truth, your word is truth!

Oh how I love how His word speaks to us! Such good things in there and let me tell you He healed my broken heart. He called us to this and chose us for this and appointed us for this so that HIS JOY may be in me. How sweet is that? He loves us so!! Thank you Father for your word! Your word is truth!!

Friends know that this adoption is a wedge of the whole picture of my life. There are times it just consumes my heart but I know what I have to do to not let it do that. I just lean on The One who knit me and my family with His own hands. Knit us together as a family to serve Him. Yes I have fully recovered from my rant last week. I just want to speak for those with no voice and honor The Father in the process. He is MY HOPE!

I am off to bed now, I have been ill all week but I didn't want you to think that God just left me like that. Oh no! If you know our awe-inspiring, mountain moving God, you KNOW He could NOT leave me like that! Praying I get better tomorrow, my college boy is coming home this weekend for the summer. The house will be full again!!!....well not completely :) but we're working on that. ;)

Blessings and Ladybugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment