Thursday, May 6, 2010

Loving My Kids

It has been a very busy week for me so I am just now getting a chance to put an update on here. I have to admit I think I have caught the "blog bug" I find myself just going to check on some of my favorite blogs and get hooked into reading other peoples adoption stories. They just intrigue me. They bring me joy, and a little fear and a big dose of God's love! I am HOOKED! So I have decided to blog more often. Two reasons, first this blog is not just about the adoption but about my family, and two, it will make my posts much shorter lol :).

First thing this week was our Preschool end of the year program. I teach 2 1/2 year olds along with my good buddy Jennifer (Hey Jennifer!) at my church. I love them to pieces they are adorable. Do they try me? Yes, but it reminds me of how God loves us, so I love them as He would, with all my heart. You have to admit when there are 10 of them and 2 of you it can get a bit crazy sometimes..and tons of fun too!! They are just adorable with their little hands and little arms that wrap tight around your neck and just hang on. PURE JOY!! So Tuesday we had our program and the kids got up in "big church" as we call it, and sang to their Mommies and Daddies, as loud and as sweet as their little voices could carry. It was ADORABLE!! They were all dressed up and singing praises to our God. Can you imagine all those kiddo's singing "Jesus Loves Me" and If Your Happy and You know it" And then a few others and a memory verse. It was all our 2's could handle. It reminded me of us, singing with all our might to our Loving God, do you sing like our 2's did? Like no one is in the room? As beautiful as you can? If so I can imagine the joy on His face is ten time better than all those parents out there listening to their kiddos sing. It was a marvelous night!!

So my own kids are growing like weeds around here. Its hard to believe that school is almost out. Where did the time go? Here is my college son and me at Christmas
Then my crazy girl who is just too adorable what can I say she has always been able to make me smile silly
Then our Funny guy who I swear would be a comedian if I let him. No Tom Tom you are going to college to be....well whatever God wants you to be

They bring me so much joy and I am so thankful to be their Mom. I need to remember all the wonderful things God has given me when I get discouraged and wonder what is next? When will all this happen and why can't we do it now??? All I know is His plans are better than mine and I will cling to Him and allow Him to work in me so that whatever He is doing in me can be made complete in Christ Jesus! So when the time is right and all things are in place, remembering He has had this planned before time began then it will be time to go forward and make our dreams come true of our Ladybug!
So with Mother's day just a few days away I am thankful for my "FOUR" kids yes three are here but there is one growing in my heart everyday. And for my Savior for planting that seed so many years ago, praying He just keeps watering it to fruition!

Love and Blessings and tons of Ladybugs!!

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart! ;)

1 comment: